The Nomad is designed to assist glaziers to unload, transport and install glass safely. It has a lifting capacity of 400 Kg’s and can rotate glass measuring up to 4400 mm (180″). It also has adjustments to allow for side and top pocket glazing.
Watch on YouTube.
The Nomad is the world’s first patented labour saving, cost effective device which offers a safer option to the manual handling of glass, slate and board on site.
The Nomad was designed and developed by a Chiropractor and Occupational Health and Safety Consultant, that assists glaziers with the installation, transportation and rotation of glass weighing up to 400 kg.
The Nomad has received the following awards: 2005 2nd Place – Best Solution for Sprain and Strain Injuries, Work Safe Vic Australia Award; 2005 Finalist Engineers Australia Award; 2004 Invention of The Year Award.
The Nomad complies with all relevant European directives.
- Eliminates OHS issues such as strains and sprains resulting from manual handling of glass.
- Reduces man power required for transportation and installation of heavy glass by up to 50 percent.
- Prevents breakages and damage to glass in transport and installation.
- Protects the workers whilst carrying glass.
- Rotate long plates of glass.
- Unloads glass on and off an A frame truck, transports and installs glass into most frames (using the One Stop Handling Glazing Guides).
- Lifts glass weighing up to 400kg (4500mm wide x 3600mm high).
- Generally, requires only 2 people to transport and install glass safely.
- Can be easily assembled and transported on a Ute or A-frame truck.
- Transports glass over uneven ground.
- Rotates glass from horizontal to vertical.
Based on 14 installations per month, the above analysis shows DIRECT SAVINGS of 65 man-hours or € 1290 per month.
Calculations based on glass transported and installed weighing at least 100kg.
Glaziers total cost to a business is €40 / hour.
Allows one glazier per 40kg of glass to be transported and installed.
Does not include savings from OHS injuries and extra profits due to extra work being generated.
Benefits of using the OSHI Nomad:
Glazing businesses can save €1000s each year due to less people performing more work (see table).
Reduced OHS risks and costs due to safer handling of large sheets of glass.
Using the Nomad releases glaziers to process extra work leading to increased work capacity and profits.
Smaller glaziers accepting larger jobs using the Nomad.
Inexpensive alternative to using an overhead crane within a factory to move glass.
Nomad can pay for itself in a few months (depending on the number of installations).
The Rotating Head
The Rotating Head is an attachment that easily mounts on to the Nomad. As a result, it enables 2 glaziers to rotate glass 360º weighing up to 400kg from the horizontal to the vertical, which is ideal for installing long narrow plates of glass in commercial applications.
- Reduces the risk of damaging the glass edges during rotation on site.
- Reduces manpower.
- Reduces risk of injury.
- Allows long heavy sheets of glass to be rotated from horizontal too vertical or vice versa.
- Allows long sheets of glass / partitioning to be transported into an office and then rotated inside to be installed by 2 people
These attach to the back of the Nomad to provide extra stability on uneven ground. As a result, it allows the glass to be tilted back 30 degrees allowing safe rotation of glass indoors.
Two adjustable cleats easily attach to the Nomad allowing two people to lift, transport and install a glazed unit on-site. The large 11 inch All Terrain Wheels allow the Nomad to transport the window over difficult terrain.
The Nomad U Channels allow the Nomad to safely transport heavy plates of glass over small steps and soft uneven grounds, commonly seen on construction sites.
View the Manual Handling Guideline to maintain your health and safety while using this product.
Contact Us for more Information